Warrior On Wheels Foundation aims to uplift and empower children with disabilities by providing special adventures tailored for special kids, thereby changing perceptions of ability and bridging gaps between able-bodied and differently-abled communities. Through consulting with adventure providers and establishments within the tourism industry we are forging partnerships that promote accessibility for all abilities.
We are a registered NPO, founded in October 2015, and rely on sponsorships, volunteers and partnerships with adventure hosts to provide regular adventures, experiences and outings to differently-abled children and their families. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- River Rafting;
- Horse Riding;
- Sidecar Tours;
- Helicopter/Plane Trips;
- Boat Cruises;
- Wildlife Safaris;
- Conservation / Sustainable Tourism Education Experiences;
- Adapted Surfing;
- Outings to Museums and Nature Parks;
- Participation in Cycling and Running Events
- Providing inclusive adventure and sports activities for children with special needs
- Consulting with and forging partnerships with establishments and adventure hosts within the tourism industry to promote accessibility for all abilities.
- Building confidence, self-esteem and assisting children with special needs to realise their potential.
- Developing and providing specialised adaptive equipment to enable children with special needs to participate in adventure activities and extreme sports.
- Connecting communities of children with special needs, their families and carers/support structures.
- Servicing and exposing communities, professional sports people, adventure service providers, and establishments to a realm of possibilities through dispelling the ‘perception of limitation’ placed on children with special needs.
- Pushing and exceeding activity and adventure boundaries placed on children with special needs
- Enabling awareness of self in children with special needs through them discovering potential new passions and love for adventure and sport.
- Staff, volunteers and professionals to create a safe environment in which children with special needs feel confident, self-assured and excited to be exposed and empowered to be-able to participate in a wide range of adventurous activities