Adventures for Children with Special Needs
Warrior On Wheels Foundation aims to uplift and empower children with disabilities by providing special adventures tailored for special kids, thereby changing perceptions of ability and bridging gaps between able-bodied and differently-abled communities. Through consulting with adventure providers and establishments within the tourism industry we are forging partnerships that promote accessibility for all abilities.
We are a registered NPO, founded in October 2015, and rely on sponsorships, volunteers and partnerships with adventure hosts to provide regular adventures, experiences and outings to differently-abled children and their families.
- River Rafting;
- Horse Riding;
- Sidecar Tours;
- Helicopter/Plane Trips;
- Boat Cruises;
- Wildlife Safaris;
- Conservation Tourism Experiences;
- Adapted Surfing;
- Outings to Museums and Nature Parks;
- Participation in Cycling and Running Events
- Providing inclusive adventure and sports activities for children with special needs
- Consulting with and forging partnerships with establishments and adventure hosts within the tourism industry to promote accessibility for all abilities.
- Building confidence, self-esteem and assisting children with special needs to realise their potential.
- Developing and providing specialised adaptive equipment to enable children with special needs to participate in adventure activities and extreme sports.
- Connecting communities of children with special needs, their families and carers/support structures.
- Servicing and exposing communities, professional sports people, adventure service providers, and establishments to a realm of possibilities through dispelling the ‘perception of limitation’ placed on children with special needs.
- Pushing and exceeding activity and adventure boundaries placed on children with special needs
- Enabling awareness of self in children with special needs through them discovering potential new passions and love for adventure and sport.
- Staff, volunteers and professionals to create a safe environment in which children with special needs feel confident, self-assured and excited to be exposed and empowered to be-able to participate in a wide range of adventurous activities